Software Development Manager
Permanent Software Development Manager with a focus on gaming technologies for an industry leader located in Richmond
- Permanent SDM role with a focus on leading Unity developers
- Working with an industry leading organization
- Hybrid work, 3 days in office, in Richmond
What & Why:
As a result of major investment, our client is looking to add a Software Development Manager to their growing team. This role will be supporting a team of 8-10 developers as they scale and grow a first to market product for the travel industry, with the intention of it to be utilized globally. You will be more focused on the people management and ensuring the development team has what they need to get the work done. You will work with the product owner team who will be developing what needs to get done. This role will involve creating training opportunities for community members, pathways to employment in this new exciting product space. You will be planning and managing software development initiatives, assigning tasks to both internal and external development teams. It would be considered a major asset if you had gaming industry experience and/or experience with Unity technologies.
You will be working with an award-winning organization with large capital expansion plans over the next 5 years. This team is very unique as they are building first to market technologies while working inside an incredibly stable organization. They have a hybrid work environment, 3 days in office, and are located on the SkyTrain line in Richmond.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 5+ years experience in leading and scaling software development teams and providing strong leadership and coaching abilities to support and motivate internal and external development teams
- Experience with hiring, onboarding, and leading software development talent; ensuring the teams have the right skills for development now and in the future
- Experience with planning and managing software development initiatives: aligning work to strategy, setting goals, creating timelines, and assigning tasks to internal and external development teams
- Experience with digital twin or game development using Unity development products would be considered an asset
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.