Manager of Administration
Exciting opportunity with a successful and well-established professional services firm. Operations and clients across Canada. Leading 3+ direct reports. A well-rounded role involving workforce planning, process improvement work, project management, administration oversight, and quality reviews. Lots of opportunity to make a positive impact on the business and to grow with the firm over the years.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a very reputable firm with operations across Canada and well over 20 years of history. They provide specialized advisory service and are considered the leader in the country in their niche area. Services include buying & selling of practices on behalf of their clients, business valuations, preparing reports, liaising with lawyers and bankers, creating and implementing transition plans, etc.
What- the Role:
Our client has created a new position for a Manager of Administration to join their team. This Manager will report into a Vice-President who reports into the President. The Manager will lead/mentor/train/coach 3 or 4 direct reports. The Manager of Admin role is a crucial position for the organization, and the Manager will oversee the work and reports being done by the administrative team (who in some respects are more like Analysts).
The role involves workforce planning, quality reviews, project management, change management, system optimization, client interaction, liaising with 3rd party external business partners (lawyers, bankers, etc.), identifying opportunities for process improvements and then executing on them, etc. Because this is a newly created role, the Manager can help build out the “today and tomorrow” of their role and identify new responsibilities to take on that are interesting and challenging to them and also valuable to the company and the team culture. SWIM will provide interested candidates with a full job description.
Who- the Candidate:
We are seeking professionals with 8+ years of relevant, transferable experience. The titles of past jobs of candidates may include Administration Manager, Operations Manager, Chief of Staff, Office Manager, Project Manager, etc. Preferably candidates will have worked in a professional services organization- for example, a law firm, an accounting firm, a recruitment firm, a real estate brokerage, a private medical office, etc… basically a company with clients, various business lines, and lots of moving parts. We are looking for candidates who are excited to work with a well-managed and entrepreneurial Canadian organization where they can grow over the years and make a long-lasting, positive impact!
- Excellent business communication skills are essential in this role, including polished report writing skills.
- Relevant post-secondary education- preferably in business or communications.
- Professional development related to process improvement or project management would be viewed as a significant asset- for example, education in Lean, Six Sigma, or Kaizen process improvement methodologies or pursuit of PMP certification.
- Excellent computer skills- ideally with experience using both Macs and PCs. Experience using CRMs.
- Exposure to a CRM implementation or upgrade project is an asset.
- Leadership abilities, ideally with formal experience managing 3+ direct reports. The Manager will love mentoring, training, coaching, developing, and inspiring a team to do their best work.
- Ideally candidates will have experience working for a business with operations/employees/clients/offices across Canada.
The company’s corporate office is in downtown Vancouver, close to a skytrain station. The Manager will likely travel once a quarter to a subsidiary office in Eastern Canada.
Generous compensation in line with experience, skills, and professional development- please discuss with SWIM. Plus health & dental benefits, paid vacation, and other employee perks.
When & How to Apply:
Swim Recruiting will be presenting the profiles of short-listed candidates directly to the hiring team. If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume- preferably in MS Word format as it works best with our internal systems, but otherwise PDF is fine, too. Thank you!