Accounts Payable Specialist
A dynamic, reputable, and professional organization in the entertainment and hospitality industry is seeking an ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST to join their vibrant and growing office team. This is a fantastic role that will allow you to grow in your accounting skill set while working with an incredible team and getting amazing discounts for local restaurants, concerts, and events!
Who- the company:
Our client is at the forefront of entertainment, hospitality, and culture. They are a well-known local client focuses on the West Coast of Canada. They have an incredible team who knows how to work hard and play hard!
What- the role:
This is a full-time, permanent role. Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist who will work closely with the accounting team and help support their accounting operations for the businesses within their portfolio. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling all aspects of the monthly accounts payable cycle, including invoice receipt, coding, recording and payment across multiple entities.
- Communicating with vendors to inquire about invoices and account status.
- Communicating with operations general managers to ensure accurate, reliable, and timely delivery of invoices to AP.
- Ensuring all invoices are submitted properly before issuing statement.
- Monitoring credit card transactions for accuracy and record all transactions into Sage 300.
- Review AP aging reports monthly to ensure all outstanding items are valid.
- Completing credit card authorization forms for vendors.
- Communicating with executive staff to coordinate signing of cheques.
- Monitoring prepaid expense ledger for accuracy.
- Other accounting duties as assigned.
Who- the candidate:
We are looking for a detail-oriented, collaborative, and efficient professional. Qualifications listed below:
- 1-2 years of Accounts Payable experience, preferably with a high volume of data
- Experience with Sage 300 is an asset.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient with MS office applications and Google Suite with adaptability to learn new applications.
- Interest and knowledge of concerts, festival, and nightclubs is considered an asset
Where- the location:
Our client is located in downtown Vancouver and offers a hybrid working schedule with 3 in-office days and 2-work from home days.
How much- the pay:
Commensurate with experience, please discuss further with SWIM.
When & how to apply:
This search is moving very quickly! There will be one interview for the role and it will be scheduled right away. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit ‘APPLY NOW’ and send us your resume in Word format.