Property Accounting Team Lead
A dynamic, reputable, and professional organization in the property management industry is seeking a Property Accounting Team Lead to join their established office team. This is an excellent role that will give key leadership skills to professionals who want to take their accounting career to the next level.
Who- the company:
Our client is an established, reputable, and fantastic property management organization that specializes in managing commercial and residential properties. The organization is growing and can provide excellent growth opportunities!
What- the role:
Our client is seeking a Property Accounting Team Lead. This is a full-time, permanent role. This role will be in office 5 days a week and will be acting as the property accounting team’s go-to resource and internal coach. This position will directly report to the Controller and will manage the accounting records for a portfolio of properties, which may include residential, office, industrial, retail, and strata buildings. The Property Accounting Team Lead will be providing mentoring, training, and support to the other junior team members. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, below.
- Taking the lead in developing the property accountants, ensuring the introduction to the company, processes and property management practices are complete
- Facilitating regular meetings and conversations with the Property Accountants, Property Managers to address their working workflow management concerns and accounting issues.
- Share knowledge, mentor junior team members, take lead in projects, and other ad hoc duties as needed
- Prepare monthly financial statements, annual budgets, annual recoveries calculations and lease input for a portfolio of residential, commercial, and strata properties
- Handling bank reconciliation updates in accounting software
- Review of narrative component of monthly reports ensuring accuracy of information
Who- the candidate:
We are looking for a detail-oriented, proactive, and diligent Senior Property Accountant. Qualifications listed below:
- CPA designation
- 5+ years of progressive Property Accounting experience
- Team player, collaborative, enjoys mentorship and leading junior team members
- Excellent problem solver
- Service-orientated and works with a sense of urgency
Where- the location:
Our client is located in Burnaby, with free parking available and transit access.
How much- the pay:
Commensurate with experience, please discuss further with SWIM.
When & how to apply:
This search is moving very quickly! There will be one interview for the role and it will be scheduled right away. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit ‘APPLY NOW’ and send us your resume in Word format.Hide Full Description