Director of Finance
A fantastic, reputable, and empowering NPO (not for profit) organization is seeking a talented Director of Finance to join their team. This is a dynamic role that will be responsible for managing the organization’s financial affairs while overseeing the day-to-day matters relating to their finances.
Who- the company:
Our client is a well-known and respected local NPO that has been serving the downtown community for many years. They provide basic need services, programs and specialized supports.
What- the role:
Our client is looking for a full-time, permanent Director of Finance who will be reporting directly to the Executive Director of the organization. This position will be responsible for managing the organizations financial affairs while overseeing the day-to-day matters relating to their finances. This role will work closely with the Board of Directors and Finance Committee and has one direct report – the Bookkeeper. Key responsibilities are listed below:
- Prepare the annual Operational Budget for Board approval as well as maintain multiple program budgets with historical and current spending data reporting to managers with notes to variances.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and Finance Committee in delivering accurate financial data and strong fiscal oversight.
- Liaise with and facilitate the annual audit overseeing the implementation of recommendations
- Complete financial reports as required by funding agencies’ contribution and grant agreements
- Develop budgets reflecting program proposal submissions and work plans with the Fund Development Team and Program Managers
- Collaborate with bookkeeper, prepare the annual Charity Return and gaming report
- Manage and communicate with financial partners (banking and investment partners)
Who- the candidate:
We are looking for a professional and diligent Director of Finance candidate. Qualifications listed below:
- 3+ years accounting experience, preferably in a leadership role
- 2+ years’ experience in a non-for-profit charitable organization
- Experience handling government contracts, fluency in CRA guidelines specific to charitable organizations and particularly grants, donations, and fundraising requirements
- Experience working in varied revenue streams including grant funding, provincial/federal restricted funds
- Ability to set priorities and assess risk; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
Where- the location:
Our client is located in downtown Vancouver. This is a fully in-office position. This will be on a fortnight (reduced schedule). Every other week, this person will work 4 days a week (with Fridays off).
How much- the pay:
Commensurate with experience, please discuss further with SWIM.
When & how to apply:
This search is moving very quickly! There will be one interview for the role, and it will be scheduled right away. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit ‘APPLY NOW’ and send us your resume in Word format.Hide Full Description