Human Resources Manager
A fantastic, reputable, and empowering NPO (not for profit) organization is seeking a talented Human Resources Manager to join their team. This is a dynamic role that will be responsible for managing all aspects of HR matters.
Who- the company:
Our client is a well-known and respected local NPO that has been serving the downtown community for many years. They provide basic need services, programs and specialized supports.
What- the role:
Our client is looking for a full-time, permanent Human Resources Manager who will be reporting directly to the Executive Director of the organization. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of HR matters including wages and benefits, employee recruitment and retention, and ensuring effective models and management. Key responsibilities are listed below:
- Supports and supervises HR personnel ensuring established financial, policy, and collective agreement requirements are met.
- Keeps up to date with collective bargaining, employment standards, and other relevant acts and regulations ensuring organizations compliance.
- Monitoring committees, implementing recommendations as needed.
- Oversees the life cycle of all recruitment efforts, including developing or updating job descriptions ensuring review and classification where appropriate.
- Conducting and reviewing results of employee exit interviews and record findings. Keep updated on sector wage and benefit offerings.
- Maintain and update HR manual, staff memos, and personnel practices which are in line with the collective agreement and other relevant policies and legislation.
Who- the candidate:
We are looking for an empathetic, professional, and diligent Human Resources Manager. Qualifications listed below:
- 2+ years relevant HR experience, preferably in a non-profit and/or unionized environment
- Knowledge of employment standards, employment related systems, and acts and regulations.
- Conflict resolution skills and practice as well as crises intervention training and experience
- First Aid certificate required
Where- the location:
Our client is located in downtown Vancouver. This is a fully in-office position. This will be on a fortnight (reduced schedule). Every other week, this person will work 4 days a week (with Fridays off).
How Much- the pay:
Commensurate with experience, please discuss further with SWIM.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving very quickly! There will be one interview for the role and it will be scheduled right away. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit ‘APPLY NOW’ and send us your resume in Word format.Hide Full Description