Swim Internal Opportunities
Administrative Assistant, Operations & RecruitmentNov-07-2020
Swim Internal Opportunities | Permanent | Vancouver, BC, CA
Join one of Vancouver’s most exciting and successful boutique recruitment firms!
[ + ] MoreJoin one of Vancouver’s most exciting and successful boutique recruitment firms!
Who- the Hiring Company:Founded in 2007, Swim Recruiting is one of Vancouver’s leading recruitment firms and we provide our clients and our candidates with recruitment services in Information Technology, Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, Administration, Operations, and Supply Chain. We have a tight-knit, fun-loving, hard-working, and dynamic corporate culture, and many of our employees have worked with the firm for 5 to 10 years. Please note that Swim Recruiting will not share your candidacy with anyone outside of our firm without your approval as confidentiality is important to Swim Recruiting.
What- the Role:Swim Recruiting is seeking a new Administrative Assistant, Operations & Recruitment to join our team! This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to work with one of the most reputable recruitment firms in Vancouver and to learn from very experienced, entrepreneurial, and successful talent acquisition professionals.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regularly scheduled and ad hoc administrative support for the Operations Manager and the Recruitment Managers
- Contract preparation and review, onboarding Swim’s new contractors working at dozens of companies across the lower mainland, and administration/management of Swim’s online timesheet system
- Covering reception, including answering phone calls from job seekers, clients, and business partners and warmly greeting clients and candidates in-person. Once Swim’s office reopens, the Administrative Assistant will spend the mornings in the back office and the afternoons at the reception desk- this is a great role for someone who enjoys variety and a change of scenery!
- Monitoring Swim’s ATS (applicant tracking system) to ensure proper documentation and usage
- Occasionally running background checks and conducting reference checks.
- General administration and research duties for special projects such as RFPs, marketing, branding, headhunting, and client research.
- Aiding with Swim’s social event coordination, client appreciation events, and community & charity involvement.
- Ad hoc office management duties
Who- the Candidate:We are looking for a top-notch administrative professional who is personable and eager to dive right in to the “Swimming Pool”! You will be an enthusiastic team-player who enjoys a versatile administrative role.
- At least 2 years recent and relevant work experience in an administrative capacity. Experience administratively supporting a Recruitment or HR team is preferred but not required.
- Experience working within a Recruitment agency and/or for an HR department in a similar role is a big plus, but not absolutely required. In particular, experience working for a boutique recruitment firm will be viewed favourably.
- Very good computer skills are needed, particularly in Word, Outlook, and Excel. Previous experience with an ATS (applicant tracking system) and/or CRM system is preferred but not required.
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a manner that is clear, friendly, professional, and confident- internally with colleagues and externally with candidates and clients.
- Strong ability to prioritize and to focus on work within a fast-paced and dynamic open-concept office environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient, with excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and the willingness to assist a busy and fun-loving recruitment team. A great sense of humour is always appreciated by Swim!
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
Where:Swim’s office is in Downtown Vancouver in a beautiful office with ocean and mountain views. Close to both Gastown and the financial district, and accessible via many bus lines, Canada Line, SkyTrain, West Coast Express, and SeaBus.
Why:This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, fun-loving, and ever-changing environment with dynamic and friendly professionals. You will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities, your days will be full and busy, and you will be the face and voice of Swim Recruiting!
How Much:This is a salaried position, not commissioned-based. Swim Recruiting provides an excellent benefits package (coverage for health, dental, & paramedical) as well as 3 weeks’ vacation and other perks.
When & How to Apply:If you are interested in this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to apply today as this search is moving quickly. Please hit “APPLY NOW” to send us your resume.
IT Recruitment ConsultantOct-15-2020
Swim Internal Opportunities | Permanent | Vancouver, BC, CA
We are looking for the next amazing 'Swimmer' to join our tight-knit IT Recruitment team. First we’d like you to learn about us and what makes us special:
[ + ] MoreWe are looking for the next amazing 'Swimmer' to join our tight-knit IT Recruitment team. First we’d like you to learn about us and what makes us special:
Our leadership & management style:We believe that everyone is unique and that everyone has their own style when it comes to being a successful recruitment consultant. We do not believe in placing unrealistic and over-bearing KPIs on the day-to-day running of your desk; instead, we trust in your ability and give you the tools, space, and resources for you to do your job effectively and efficiently.
Our reputation:As a result of the way that we believe in doing business in an ethical and transparent way, we have experienced tremendous success in attracting some of the strongest candidates and developed solid relationships with some of the best and most respected employers in Vancouver.
Our IT Recruitment teamKey cultural pillars of the IT team are Accountability, Performance, Creativity, Commitment, and Fun. You will be surrounded by some of the best and most experienced tech recruiters in Vancouver under the leadership of well-networked and knowledgeable Vancouver recruitment veterans. We are a fun bunch of people who share a competitive edge, respect for each other, passion for recruitment, and love of chocolate snacks. We love to win as a team (and celebrate winning!) and we are diverse with over 50% female and only 20% Canadian natives. We are proud of our inclusive culture and are active participants and supporters of many socially responsible initiatives.
You:You will be recruiting any role that falls under the broad spectrum of Information Technology - from level 1 helpdesk analysts to CTO and everything in between. We typically have over 50 open requisitions open and any one time which are split roughly 50/50 between contract and permanent roles. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, take initiative, are results-oriented, have a strong sense of urgency and value ethics. You are naturally competitive and hate losing. You bring over 2 years of technical recruitment experience and love working in this space.
How to Apply:Use your sourcing prowess and find our IT recruitment manager on LinkedIn and send a connection request.
Recruitment Consultant – Accounting & FinanceFeb-15-2020
Swim Internal Opportunities | Permanent | Vancouver, BC, CA
Swim Recruiting is recruiting for a Recruiter- now repeat that 3 times fast!
[ + ] MoreSwim Recruiting is recruiting for a Recruiter- now repeat that 3 times fast!
Who- the Company:Swim Recruiting is a successful and well-established boutique recruitment firm with a positive reputation due to our team of talented and dedicated recruiters as well as our honest and genuine business approach. Swim was founded in 2007 and our company continues to grow- 33 people and counting! Swim Recruiters made placements with over 130 companies last year- companies that are publicly listed, private, public sector, and NPO, organizations in a wide variety of industries, small companies and huge companies.At Swim, we believe that each person has their own style when it comes to being a successful Recruitment Consultant. We do not believe in placing unrealistic and over-bearing KPIs on the day-to-day running of your desk; instead, we trust your ability and give you the tools, space, and resources to do your job effectively and efficiently. We don’t micromanage… instead, we support you, trust you, and let you get on with it. As a result of the way we believe in doing business, we have experienced tremendous success in attracting the strongest candidates and developing solid relationships with some of the most respected employers in Vancouver.
- 100% Vancouver owned and operated Company
- Balanced work hard/play hard culture
- Generous commission structure (that hasn’t changed in over 10 years!)
- Flexible work schedules
What- the Role:Recruitment Consultant, working alongside many others on the successful Accounting & Finance, Administration, and Human Resources recruitment team. We work on entry-level roles right on up to executive-level roles, and short-term temp, long-term contract, and permanent positions. Swim’s most pressing need is for an experienced Recruiter who specializes in intermediate-to-senior level accounting & finance recruitment. Although we already have great candidate and client networks, there are still plenty of people and companies in this city and beyond that we could be working with! The sky is the limit for a driven Recruiter.
Who- the Candidate:We are seeking an experienced, talented, and self-motivated Accounting & Finance Recruitment Consultant to join our close-knit and top-notch A&F recruitment team. This will be a permanent full-time role, in which you will be surrounded by some of the best and most experienced recruiters in Vancouver under the leadership of well-networked and knowledgeable Vancouver recruitment veterans. We will be reviewing every application on a case-by-case basis but preference will be given to those with prior experience in Accounting & Finance recruitment, with secondary preference for Human Resources and/or Administration recruitment.Culturally, you will be the type of person who loves to have a laugh at the office and you do not take yourself too seriously. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, take initiative, are results oriented, and have a strong sense of urgency. Swimmers are a fun bunch of people who like to work hard but also believe playing hard to be just as important; this relaxed and down to earth attitude has been key to our success with both candidates and clients who find it easy to relate to us on a personal level.
What- the Qualifications:
- Over 18 months of full-cycle recruitment experience in a Recruiting Firm.
- Experience recruiting within Accounting & Finance!
- Excellent communication skills- verbal, non-verbal, and written
- Experience working on a high volume of diverse searches
- Experience using an ATS as well as recruitment platforms such as LinkedIn
Where:Based at Swim’s super transit friendly downtown Vancouver office inside Waterfront Station- 601 West Cordova Street.
Why:We need to grow our awesome team to keep up with the amazing demand that we've created in the local A&F industry. We guarantee your days will be full and busy, with no shortage of searches to work on! At time of writing this posting we have 55+ searches open in Accounting & Finance alone.
- Swim offers two options- full commission (this has the highest earning potential!) or base salary plus lower % of commissions.
- 23 “Swim Days”- to be used for vacation, personal days, family days- whatever you want! Plus, Swim often closes the office for a few bonus days at Christmas.
- Health & Dental benefits
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Annual reward trip for top performers (2020 trip is to Mexico!)
- Etcetera, etcetera… let’s talk!
When & How to Apply:If this role sounds like you and you want to hear more, please don’t hesitate to apply- hit “APPLY NOW” and send us your resume. Swim Recruiting will of course fully respect all candidate confidentiality. We have hired recruiters from other agencies with non-competes.