A global, reputable, and professional organization is seeking a Director of Operations to join their established team. This is a dynamic role that will provide overall direction and guidance to the operational activities within a defined region to the Canadian organization.
Who- the company:
Our client is a renowned company in the 3PL industry who partners with their customers to design and deliver logistics solutions, adding value by increasing operation and cost efficiency. They operate hundreds of logistics facilities comprising a total of 6,000,000 m.
What- the role:
This is a full-time, permanent role that will provide overall direction and guidance to the operational activities within a defined regio. They will maximize growth and profitability while responsibly managing the resources of their region according to the company guidelines and policies as well as client expectations. This role will be developing and implementing strategic as well as tactical objectives to achieve financial and growth targets. More responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting the organization’s overall strategy including growth and transformational initiatives. Develops regional strategies and tactics to align with enterprise targets. Ensures targets are achieved and local needs are met.
- Responsible for developing annual budget for the region and measured against results achieved against targets.
- Ensures operational excellence throughout all areas of the region and services offered to our clients. Operational excellence is achieved through standardization of existing practices, risk assessment, and achievement of key metrics.
- Provides leadership and creates an environment that fosters passion, teamwork, and agility within the organization.
- Ensures initiatives are developed and executed in the selection and development of talent and creates an environment that improves associate engagement.
- Builds and sustains long-term client relationships. Supports local, regional, and global sales initiatives by partnering with key clients and delivering a high level of client focus to business initiatives.
- Develops and implements an operations strategy that identifies opportunities to improve cost control and margin improvement that also leads to organic growth.
- Works collaboratively and establishes solid business relationships with all supporting departments including Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Finance.
- Directly supervise Senior Managers, General Managers, Operational Managers, and others as assigned.
- Perform special projects as required.
Who- the candidate:
We are looking for a professional, strategic, and results-oriented Operations leader. Qualifications listed below:
- 5+ years of experience in a Senior Manager/Regional Manager Operations role ideally managing multiple locations
- A minimum of 10 years overall logistics management experience in operations
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Engineering, Business, Logistics, or equivalent work experience is required
Where- the location:
Our client is located in Surrey, B.C.
How much- the pay:
Commensurate with experience, please discuss further with SWIM. This role comes with a 20% discretionary bonus, 4 weeks’ vacation, RRSP matching, and great extended health and dental benefits.
When & how to apply:
This search is moving very quickly! There will be three interviews for the role and the final interview may include being flown to Ontario (head office). If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit ‘APPLY NOW’ and send us your resume in Word format