6-month Solution Architect contract opportunity building out retail technology solutions for a global brand with hybrid work in Vancouver
- 6-month contract Solution Architect contract
- High profile retail technology program
- Highly respected brand located in Vancouver with hybrid work, 3 days a week in office.
What & Why:
As a result of investment in technology our client is looking to add a Solution Architect to their team. This is the perfect role for a solution guru who has a passion for creativity and can own and end to end design concept through to build. You should not shy away from a challenge and will be working closely with the management team and domain architect. Ideally you should be an experienced full stack tech developer who has been there and done it all as you will be hands on and willing to get into the weeds to resolve issues. You will own a solution and be accountable for the delivery of that solution leveraging the scrum teams. You will be a focal point in scrums to support sprint resolution/problem resolution and direct the development teams accordingly. The solution in place will have flexibility, high-availability, scalability, Cloud (agnostic) mind set first. You are the person who is key to successful delivery, from conceptualization to operationalization
This client is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands, a true Vancouver success story who has expanded globally. They are well known for their corporate culture and has won major awards for their accomplishments. They have invested majorly in technology and have had an incredibly successful past few years, including a major strategic acquisition. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have a hybrid work environment with 3 days a week in office
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience including at least 2 years at a retail/supply-chain organization in Solution Architect capacity.
- Well experienced in the Retail/Supply chain industry, familiar with application systems and business practices in this realm
- Experience solutioning end-to-end full-stack applications, integration of SaaS and PaaS systems
- Experience building technology roadmaps spanning 3-5 years.
- Experience in vendor evaluation and scoring of new technologies/tools.
- Excellent team player, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in mentoring technical team-members and providing technical leadership.
- Familiarity with architectural frameworks and patterns
- Experience working in a SAFe ® /Agile environment.
- Experience contributing to multiple medium to large size initiatives simultaneously
- Familiarity with streaming platforms (real-time data at massive scale like Confluent Kafka).
- Experience with AWS or other public clouds from a system design perspective
- Experience working with containers, Docker, Kubernetes or other container schedulers.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch