We are looking for a Firmware Engineer role with an industry leading technology organization.
- 3 – 5 years of embedded/firmware development experience
- Strong C coding experience required
- Experience with Git and Gerrit
What & Why:
Due to investment in technology, our client is looking to add a Firmware Engineer their growing technology team. The Firmware Engineer on the Module Integration team develops embedded software and supporting tools to commercialize products that meet marketing requirements.
Our client is a global leader in the IoT field and has a significant focus on R&D. You will be an integral part of building out new capabilities and new device to cloud solutions. They develop products that are utilized globally and have had a very stable growth since inception.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer software engineering, or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of professional experience, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent embedded software development experience in C
- Experience in development with embedded multi-threaded operating systems
- Able to work both independently and in teams
- Can follow guidance from senior staff
- Can prioritize and manage a queue of tasks, breaking down tasks into subcomponents as needed
- An excellent problem solver with systematic debugging skills
Desired Education, Experience & Skills
- Wireless WAN protocols such as LTE
- 3GPP protocol specifications
- GNSS operation and control
- Embedded Linux programming and Linux device drivers
- Embedded driver development involving PCIE, USB, UART, GPIO, or I2C
- Memory management systems, file systems, and memory protection algorithms
- ARM processor architecture and tool chains
- TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Source code control systems such as SVN and Git/Gerrit
- Defect tracking systems such as JIRA
- Collaboration tools such as Confluence
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.