A fantastic, high-growth, and professional organization in the Visual Effects industry is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join their exceptional team. This is a dynamic role that will lead global HR operations in Canada and the UK.
Who- the company:
Our client is a next-generation visual effects and technology company. They operate globally with outstanding teams based in Canada, the UK, and India. They are working on huge entertainment projects and will continue to grow!
What- the role:
Our client is seeking a proactive, hands-on, and forward-thinking HR professional with 6-10 years of progressive HR experience. This is a full-time, permanent, remote position. This role will report directly into the Director of Operations and will partner closely with studio management, the global leadership team, and the talent management/recruitment team by leading and delivering complete and cohesive HR processes, programs, and initiatives. Some primary responsibilities are listed below:
- Create, develop, and manage HR processes (onboarding/offboarding, contract administration, benefits enrollment, salary reviews, and performance management) and focus on continuous improvements to identify efficiencies and continue to streamline processes.
- Create, adapt, and update HR policies and processes according to the company’s needs and growth, implementing new policies as and when required, ensuring company policies are up to date and in line with current employment legislation.
- Provide generalist HR expertise and drive continuous improvement and development of best practices in HR management.
- Oversee and manage immigration requests ensuring compliance with current legislation.
- Advise, coach, and support management in employee relations, such as employee retention initiatives, disciplinary and performance management, redundancies and investigations, seeking legal support as required.
- Participate in the implementation of new systems in the future (HRIS) and HR tools.
- Partner with senior leadership to drive proactive strategies of engagement, wellbeing, operations, and learning and development.
- Support managers with annual performance reviews, contract negotiations, and extensions.
- Design and deliver training modules/workshops for managers and leads as and when required and identify new training needs.
- Work with the talent management and recruitment team to promote EDI initiatives and deliver a positive candidate and employee experience, acting as an ambassador for the company’s values and culture both internally and externally.
- Act as primary point of contact for managers and employees for day-to-day HR-related questions and delegate to junior members of HR when appropriate.
- Support with HR administration tasks when needed.
- Undertake other HR related tasks/projects as required.
Who- the candidate:
We are looking for an adaptable, considerate, and proactive HR professional that thrives in a constantly evolving, fast-paced, and creative environment. Qualifications listed below:
- 6-10 years of progressive Canadian HR experience.
- CPHR designated.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian employment law, legislation, and best practice (ideally specific to BC and QC).
- Knowledge and previous experience of immigration regulations and processes.
- Proficient with Google WorkSpace (formally G Suite), specifically Google Docs and Sheets or equivalent and HR systems.
- Experience supporting and guiding managers and senior leaders.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- HR experience in a project-based environment such as visual effects, tech, gaming or entertainment highly preferred.
- Experience working in a start-up environment highly preferred.
- Bilingual in English and French highly preferred.
Where- the location:
This is a fully remote role but will have opportunities to collaborate with other employees in downtown Vancouver.
How much- the pay:
Commensurate with experience, please discuss further with SWIM.
When & how to apply:
This search is moving very quickly! There will be one interview for the role and it will be scheduled right away. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit ‘APPLY NOW’ and send us your resume in Word format.