Have you been looking for a career opportunity as a Payroll & Benefits Specialist that reports into an amazing manager and where you can have a collaborative workplace culture? Join a successful, reputable, and well-established multi location retailer headquartered right here in Richmond, BC.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a leading independent retailer with operations in Western Canada. They are fast-fast growing with over 500 employees in British Columbia.
What- the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Payroll & Benefits Manager, you will play an integral role in the payroll and benefits program for a designated internal client group within our client.
- Managing the payroll and benefits function for 300+ employees.
- Process bi-weekly and year-end payroll for hourly staff and employees in a timely and accurate manner.
- Administer employee Group Benefit Plan including initial set-up for new hires, employee record maintenance and status change.
- Prepare ROE’s, government reports and calculations.
- Review existing payroll processes and systems, recommend updates and improvements as required.
- Administer WorkSafeBC regulations and work with the Health and Safety Manager for GRTW and related tasks.
Who- the Candidate:
We are seeking an individual who has at least ideally 3 years experience processing full-cycle payroll, including year-end
who is a team player that enjoys taking on a variety of tasks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- Experience with ADP WFN is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processes and payroll legislation in Canada.
- PCP designation or equivalent Payroll designation an asset.
- Commission retail is an asset.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles is an asset.
Base salary commensurate with payroll experience and skills, health benefits and 3 weeks vacation.
Our clients corporate office is based out in Richmond, BC with the opportunity to work 1-2 days per week from home.
When & How to Apply:
If you are interested in and excited about this great opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply as this search is moving very quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out to that individual directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit “Apply Now” to send us your resume. Thanks!