This is an opportunity for a keen individual to join an established team and take on a wide range of accounting and finance functions. The organization recently implemented a Microsoft ERP system and is leveraging the technology to streamline processes and develop insightful business analysis
Who- the Company:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing global consulting firm with an excellent reputation in downtown Vancouver. Swim has had the pleasure of partnering with this organization for many years.
What- the Role:
Our client is looking for a dynamic, eager to learn individual that will contribute a positive energy to their team. This is a permanent position focusing primarily on Canadian operations while also supporting North American holding company activities and the evolving needs of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be organized, adaptative and self-driven. They should have an exceptional attention to detail and be able to independently problem solve and collaborate with staff within and external to the accounting team.
This role will work directly with the Controller and Assistant Controller on full-cycle accounting duties and ad-hoc activities as needed. This role will evolve over time as the organization progresses through two planned staff transitions.
- Assist with the day-to-day financial operations of the company
- Assist with the calculation, entry and review of accounting entries
- Collaborate within a team environment supporting senior members of the finance team with monthly and ad-hoc activities and assisting the junior staff with troubleshooting and filling in as backup when needed
- Trained to perform billing duties to support monthly customer invoicing if needed
- Analyze, reconcile and interpret financial information based on trends, business objectives, internal and external drivers
- Produce accurate and consistent reporting of financial results in an easy to understand format for non-financial staff that enables better decision making
- Opportunity to learn the Microsoft ERP system and assist with data analysis and management
- Opportunity to develop Power BI skills and assist with creating financial dashboard reports
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time
Who – the Candidate:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Flexible and adaptive in a changing work environment
- Must be a team player who is willing to assist colleagues as needed
- Strong communication skills partnered with the ability to coordinate and problem solve with internal and external teams
- Detail oriented, fast learner of processes and able to multi-task effectively
- Proficiency with MS Excel including intermediate formulas, filtering and organizing large volumes of data is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an asset
Don't check off every single requirement? Our client prioritizes the right cultural impact for their organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align.
Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $70-85K. In addition to base salary, our client offers employees a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. It features programs such as performance-based incentive programs, benefits, paid leave and matching RRSP contributions. Our client also continually invests in the development of their talent to help them thrive professionally and personally. Above all, they are proud to offer their employees a value proposition that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion and fosters an environment where talent and performance is recognized and rewarded.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving very quickly, and interviews start immediately! Swim will be presenting short-listed candidates directly to the hiring team for consideration. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon.