Great opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable to join an organization that has won several “Top Employer” awards and is recognized for having a values-based culture that promotes teamwork, innovation, and ongoing professional development.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a reputable regulatory body with tens of thousands of members - individuals and businesses. The organization monitors the membership to ensure ethnical standards and policies are being complied with, and to provide support and consultancy to members.
What- the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting Operations, the Accounts Payable is responsible for the day-to day processing of invoices, expense reports, disbursements and refunds. This role would be great for someone seeking good work life balance.
Accounts Payable Processing:
- Responsible for processing and recording all cash disbursements to ensure all outstanding invoices/expenses are paid on a timely basis;
- Receive and organize approval of invoices, refunds and expenses;
- Ensure appropriate coding and supporting documentation prior to data entry;
- Prior to payment, enter and prepare batches for all invoices and expenses;
Cheque / EFT Disbursements:
- Coordinate all payments by reviewing terms;
- Run invoice and aged payables report to prioritize invoices/expenses to be paid;
- Process cheques and obtain signatures;
- Prepare EFT and obtain signatures, following up as required until transfers are completed;
- Ensure vendor lists and records are accurately maintained (e.g. WCB and T4A eligible vendors);
- Update addresses, bank account and all information from Vendors in our GP system;
- Organize and maintain electronic filing system;
- Review and post PD batches and invoices, checking for accuracy and validity;
Month End Processing:
- Provide support to Manager, Accounting Operations in completing period-end reporting tasks;
- Prepare and record journal entries (prepaid, accruals, adjustments);
- Follow up with staff regarding accruals and GL coding;
- Reconcile working papers to balance sheet accounts;
- Complete month-end reporting for Benevolent Fund including bank reconciliation, journal entries, investment reconciliation and donation tax receipts;
Department Administration & Other Responsibilities:
- Resolve Payables issues in a timely manner by working with the vendor or other Departments
- Respond to vendors, staff and Board Members when necessary;
- Liaise with auditors during interim and year-end audits as required;
Who- the Candidate:
We are looking for an Accounts Payable professional who is self-motivated and able to work successfully in a collaborative environment of 7 team members.
- Post-Secondary qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business, Administration or a related discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Accounts Payable or equivalent experience required;
- Accounting Certificate would be beneficial, but is not required;
- Open to individuals in very early stages of the CPA program;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office, in particular MS Excel and MS SharePoint;
- Proficiency with MS Great Plains software highly preferred;
- Adept at managing multiple competing priorities, with the ability to multi-task effectively;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational and time management skills.
Our client is headquartered right in the heart of Downtown Vancouver. You will have the opportunity to work up to 60% from home.
Competitive annual salary and benefits with candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills. Please discuss further with SWIM!
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this excellent career opportunity, please do not delay in applying as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out to that consultant directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume (preferably in MS Word format as it works best with our internal systems). Thanks!