A reputable, esteemed, and professional organization is seeking a SPANISH-SPEAKING CONTROLLER to join their established Accounting and Finance team in Vancouver. This is a fantastic role that will work closely with the CFOs and will be responsible for the management of the financial accounting processes and public reporting.
Who- the company:
Our client is a private company that services a number of public exploration phase mining companies with accounting and geological services.
What- the role:
This Controller position is a full-time, permanent role that will report directly to the CFO of each of the companies. The Controller will be responsible for the management of financial accounting processes and public reporting for the company and its clients. The Controller will also work closely with the CFOs in the establishment of overall group policies and procedures. Responsibilities listed below:
- Direct oversight and responsibility of financial operation processes, including accounts payable, payments, and month-end close.
- Timely production of external and internal financial statements for various public and non-public entities.
- Ongoing maintenance and reporting of financial forecasting in a timely fashion to enable nimble financial decision making by the leadership team.
- Overseeing the management and training of junior accounting staff.
- Working with operations teams in Peru and Chile to ensure that cost control processes are robust and effective and streamline financial reporting and analysis processes.
- Working with tax advisors in preparing compliance reporting for corporate and GST filings, as well as tax provision calculations for financial reporting.
- Assistance in preparation of other securities filings including MD&A, AIF, MIC, and filing statements.
- Managing the internal control design, enhancement, and, where applicable, effectiveness testing.
- Working with both the Corporate Secretary and payroll functions in support of the company’s operations and corporate governance.
- Assistance on special projects including acquisition due diligence.
- Working with foreign reporting entities.
- Review and approval of payments made by the company and its clients.
Who- the candidate:
We are looking for a positive, professional, collaborative, and detail-oriented candidate with management and public company reporting experience. Qualifications listed below:
- 6+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience.
- CPA designation or equivalent.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Experience with public company accounting and reporting.
- Mining industry experience preferred.
- Leadership/management experience preferred.
- Direct management of financial operations (i.e. accounts payable, month end, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable, efficient, detail-oriented, and collaborative.
Where- the location:
Our client is located in downtown Vancouver. This role is a hybrid position that offers flexibility in schedule.
How much- the pay:
Commensurate with experience, please discuss further with SWIM.
When & how to apply:
This search is moving very quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit ‘APPLY NOW’ and send us your resume in Word format.