Exciting opportunity with a well-managed, reputable, and successful company located in the Fraser Valley. The new Senior Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and will conduct full cycle accounting. This is truly a great opportunity for someone who loves variety and who wants to build out their accounting & finance skillset! This company has a lovely corporate culture that puts people first and that is very values based.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a wholesale company with a 20+ year history and over 140 employees in 4 countries. As a result of family values, a collaborative culture, and hard work, the company is now one of North America’s leading wholesalers in their niche area. The Company has expansion plans in place for 2022.
What- the Role:
Our client is seeking a new Senior Accountant. This role is very diverse role involving most areas of accounting & finance. The Senior Accountant will report into the Senior Director of Finance (and will be the Sr. DoF’s right-hand) and will work alongside Junior Accountants, an Accounting & Payroll Specialist, and an AP Specialist. The Senior Accountant will be hands-on with full-cycle accounting and will also oversee/review the work of the less experienced accountants on the team. This is a great role for someone who wants to be mentored while also mentoring! In addition to financial reporting, treasury & cashflow management, costing, financial analysis, tax compliance, overseeing accounts payable, etc. the Senior Accountant will also contribute to process improvements, system optimization (the company uses an ERP, Excel, and PowerBI), and ad hoc projects. This role will evolve over time as the Senior Accountant masters their role and takes on more and more responsibilities; there is opportunity for long-term career growth. SWIM will provide interested candidates with a thorough job description.
Who- the Candidate:
We are looking for an accounting & finance professional who is a friendly, down-to-earth, and self-motivated team player. Suitable candidates for this role will be eager to grow in their accounting career and will be people who would love to be mentored by an experienced Director of Finance.
- At least 3 years and ideally 4+ years of progressive and relevant experience in full-cycle accounting.
- CPA designated or actively pursuing CPA designation. The Director of Finance is a CPA mentor and has helped other direct reports achieve their CPA in the past.
- Experience in inventory-based environments is highly preferred but not necessarily required for a quick learner who has plenty of common sense and who can learn the complexities of the business quickly.
- Experience with cash management, cashflow forecasting and treasury is preferred, but not required for someone who is keen and eager to learn.
- Experience working with mid-size private companies is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Bonus points for experience using a sophisticated ERP.
- Bonus point for experience using Power BI
- Experience with system optimization and system projects is an asset.
- Excellent prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
Competitive base salary commensurate with level of skills, experience, and education. The company will provide their new Senior Accountant with health & dental benefits, financial support for CPA studies or membership, and other employee perks.
Headquartered in Surrey, BC- great location for someone living in Surrey, Langley, White Rock, Delta, etc. Free employee parking. The company has an open-concept and casual office space that promotes free-flowing communication. The head office is also where a good deal of the production takes place, and the Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to get know 120+ colleagues working in various functions. If you are seeking some work-from-home flexibility, please discuss with SWIM.
When & How to Apply:
Swim Recruiting will be presenting the profiles of short-listed candidates directly to the hiring team. If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume (preferably in MS Word format as it works best with our internal systems at SWIM, otherwise PDF is alright). Thank you