A dynamic, reputable, and professional organization in the entertainment and hospitality industry is seeking a SENIOR ACCOUNTANT to join their vibrant and growing office team. This is a fantastic role that will be responsible for the monthly reporting cycle for various entities and while working collaboratively with an incredible team and getting amazing discounts for local restaurants, concerts, and events!
Who- the company:
Our client is at the forefront of entertainment, hospitality, and culture. They are a well-known local client focuses on the West Coast of Canada. They have an incredible team who knows how to work hard and play hard!
What- the role:
This is a full-time, permanent role. Our client is seeking a Senior Accountant who will be a key member of the accounting team. In partnership with operations leadership, this candidate will ensure the smooth and efficient execution of financial processes and reporting, participate in special projects, and support other team members’ professional development. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the preparation of a full month-end close, including supporting working papers and financial statements
- Oversee the execution of key functions performed by external bookkeeping parties, including: bank transactions and monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, entry and processing of Accounts Payable, reviewing and recording daily sales, calculating and filing GST/PST returns monthly
- Reconcile sales and cash receipts and investigate discrepancies
- Reconcile intercompany accounts
- Review payroll entries (including allocations) and enter into the accounting system
- Research accounting treatment of complex financial matters
- Oversee filing of annual license renewals and compliance requirements
- Assist with the preparation of year-end working papers
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts
- Liaise with the operations team and handle any finance-related ad-hoc requests
- Assist the Senior Financial Controller and other members of the accounting team with ad-hoc projects
Who- the candidate:
We are looking for a detail-oriented, collaborative, and efficient professional. Qualifications listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration focusing in accounting
- 5+ years of full-cycle Canadian ASPE accounting experience
- Excellent attention to detail, with a strong ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Communicates effectively with partners and stakeholders, within and outside the accounting team
- Prior accounting experience in hospitality preferred
- Working towards or has obtained CPA designation
- Experience with Sage 300 is an asset.
Where- the location:
Our client is located in Vancouver (close to transit) and offers a hybrid working schedule with 3 in-office days and 2-work from home days.
How much- the pay:
Commensurate with experience, please discuss further with SWIM.
When & how to apply:
This search is moving very quickly! There will be one interview for the role and it will be scheduled right away. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit ‘APPLY NOW’ and send us your resume in Word format.