Public Company. Excellent opportunity for an Accounting & Finance professional who is keen to work for a high-profile company headquartered right here in Vancouver. Prior public company accounting experience preferred but not required (multinational, multicurrency, multi-entity, highly complex). Excellent team culture, great opportunity to benefit from mentorship and learn new accounting skills.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a significant global public company headquartered in Vancouver. They have a reputation in Vancouver and beyond for hiring top talent, and for providing their employees with interesting and challenging work in a positive and professional environment. Swim Recruiting has been engaged to aid with this Accountant search and has previously placed 15+ people in various accounting & finance roles with this company.
What- the Opportunity:
The new Accountant will prepare revenue projections on a weekly basis and conduct monthly reporting. This role involves a mix of both corporate accounting and operational accounting. This is a full-cycle accounting role, including general ledger reconciliation, forecasting and revenue projections, working papers, intercompany balances, invoicing, journal entries, etc. Using Excel and 2 sophisticated ERPs. This is a challenging and interesting role and a great way to get to know the ins & outs of a complex global public company. Swim Recruiting will provide interested candidates with a more thorough job description.
Who- the Candidate Qualifications:
- Actively pursuing CPA accounting designation (or International equivalent).
- Relevant post-secondary education in accounting, finance, or business.
- At least 1 year and ideally 2+ years work experience in full-cycle accounting.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Top-notch communication skills are important- ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels in all departments.
- Great problem-solving skills, very good listener, ability to patiently and effectively help with a variety of financial reporting, financial analysis, and financial systems issues.
- Systems savvy, particularly within Excel.
HYBRID. Headquartered in Downtown Vancouver in a beautiful corporate office; very transit accessible. Once trained up, the Accountant can work from home 2 to 3 days a week.
Generous base salary commensurate with experience, plus a premium for health & wellness benefits, 3 weeks vacation plus personal days, etc. Please discuss total compensation in more detail with SWIM.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this opportunity with a high-profile Vancouver corporation, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Thank you!