Highly successful and large multi-national company headquartered in Vancouver. Fantastic career opportunity for an ambitious and well-rounded analyst eager to work with & learn from knowledgeable corporate finance leaders. The company’s inorganic growth strategy largely involves acquiring mid-market private companies across North America. Friendly corporate culture, inspiring and impressive senior management in all corporate departments, well-rounded scope, and opportunity for long-term career development.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a very well-established and highly successful company with operations across North America. They have a stellar reputation and a long history stretching back many decades. Collaborative, innovative, and friendly corporate culture. Headquartered in Downtown Vancouver. The company completed several acquisitions in the last couple of years and has ongoing inorganic growth plans.
What- the Role:
On behalf of our client, SWIM is seeking a bright and ambitious Senior Analyst, Corporate Development or Analyst, Corporate Development (title subject to experience) who will play a key role in supporting the company’s strategic growth plans. This is a newly created role due to the ongoing focus on buy-side M&A. The Analyst will report directly into the talented Director, Corporate Development, and will have the opportunity to work closely with a well-respected CFO, both of whom have extensive deal-related and financing experience. Although a key member of the small Corp Dev team first and foremost, the Analyst will also play a key role in providing analytical support and collaborating across the broader Finance team which includes FP&A and Treasury. This is a very rare opportunity in the Vancouver market and the Analyst will have the chance to benefit from the mentorship and training from leaders who have varied, deep, and interesting corporate finance and deal-related experience.
What- the Responsibilities:
The individual in this role will play a lead role in deal-related financial modeling and analysis, market research, deal execution, and development of presentations and business cases for the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. The Analyst will also play a lead role in commercial, operational, and financial due diligence and the valuation analyses of potential acquisition targets.
- Serve as a key member of the company’s corporate development team to support the identification, assessment, and execution of strategic growth opportunities, including playing a key role in the full M&A life cycle: origination, target company analysis, valuation analysis, due diligence, negotiations, financing, integration planning, post-closing activities, etc.
- Contribute directly to the valuation and financial modeling for identified growth opportunities, providing qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Update and refine the M&A pipeline, conduct market research to identify potential acquisition targets, and respond to incoming opportunities from investment banks, M&A advisors, and business brokers.
- Support internal deal teams and work with external advisors to perform commercial, operational, and financial due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Update and refine the long-range corporate financial model, including projecting cash flow, debt repayment, and debt covenants under different operating assumptions
- Play a lead role in developing presentations and analyses for the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors
- Provide project-based analytical support to the Treasury and FP&A teams to provide insights and drive decision-making across the business.
Who- the Candidate:
We are seeking a dynamic, proactive, and ambitious Analyst who loves working at a fast pace in a complex corporate environment. Qualified candidates will have relevant experience supporting the evaluation and execution of strategic acquisitions (ideally specializing on the buy-side) including target company analysis, valuation analysis, due diligence, Board updates, financing, integration planning, and supporting the origination of investment opportunities.
- At least 2 years of relevant, recent, and progressive work experience (preferably 3 to 4 years) gained in an analytical role with an M&A advisory firm, investment bank, a private equity firm, and/ or in the corporate development group of a large, complex organization.
- Post-secondary degree from a reputable institution in business, commerce, accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- Designation or qualification such as CPA, CFA, or MBA-Finance is highly preferred, but not necessarily required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate finance and highly proficient in complex financial modeling and valuation analysis
Excellent presentation skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint, and ability to digest and convert complex financial and non-financial information into easily understandable presentations
- Systems savvy. High proficiency in Excel is required. Experience using corporate performance management & reporting tools is an asset.
Competitive base salary commensurate with the level of skills, experience, and education. The company will provide their new Analyst, Corporate Development with a solid overall compensation package, including a very generous bonus program, PD support, and excellent health & dental benefits. Please feel free to discuss this further with SWIM.
This company is headquartered in the heart of Downtown Vancouver in a beautiful corporate office. The Analyst can choose to work entirely from the corporate HQ or can work from home a couple of days a week. There will be occasional business travel involved in this role, but not nearly as much as many other M&A-focused positions.
When & How to Apply:
Swim Recruiting will be presenting the profiles of short-listed candidates directly to the hiring Director, Corporate Development for review. If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Thank you!