Excellent opportunity for someone who is eager work in Vancouver’s dynamic real estate sector with a very reputable and well-established developer with many exciting projects on the go- prior real estate sector experience is preferred but not required. Leading a corporate accounting team of 8 and working on a broader accounting & finance team of 30+ people. Seeking a senior accounting & finance leader with at least 10 years progressive experience within complex organizations (multi-entity, $200M+ in revenues, high-growth, growing into new geographies).
Who- the Company:
Our client is a growing, reputable, and highly successful real estate development company with an impressive history and a bright future. This company is considered a top employer and their real estate business is very well-diversified. Great corporate culture, with fun social events and a tightknit team-oriented environment.
What- the Role:
On behalf of our client, SWIM is seeking a new Corporate Controller who will report into senior leadership and who will manage a team of 7 Accountants (designated or actively pursuing designation). The Controller’s team is responsible for financial reporting and the preparation of financial statements (ASPE), consolidation (50+ legal entities), internal controls, accounting policy and process improvements, researching accounting treatment and issues, etc. The Controller will work closely with external auditors on the annual audit. There will be other responsibilities such as routine and ad hoc reporting for the C-Suite, partners, and joint ventures. SWIM will provide interested candidates with a more detailed job description.
Who- the Candidate:
The new Corporate Controller will be an excellent team leader who enjoys mentoring, coaching, and nurturing talent. Career development and succession planning are very important at this organization. Qualified candidates will enjoy leading a collaborative team in a dynamic and results-oriented environment.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience progressive work experience, including several years in a controllership or senior management capacity.
- CPA designation is required. Public practice training is preferred.
- Experience working for a complex multi-entity organization, including consolidated financial statements and complex intercompany transactions (50+ entities).
- Experience with US operations is an asset but not required.
- Systems savvy, with proficiency in Excel. Experience using Yardi (used by many real estate companies) is a significant asset, but not at all required.
- Experience working in the real estate sector is beneficial and preferred, but not required. Unless the candidate is a Senior Manager directly from public practice (no industry experience), in which case experience with a real estate focused client portfolio is required.
- Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written.
Very competitive base salary commensurate with level of relevant work experience, education, and skills. Additionally the Controller will be eligible for a bonus, an RRSP match, PD support, social events and networking events, and discounts on the rental or purchase of company-built properties. Please discuss further with SWIM.
HYBRID SCHEDULE. This company is headquartered in the heart of downtown Vancouver, close to many rapid transit options. Hybrid work schedule (mix of work in office and work from home)- SWIM can provide more insight.
When & How to Apply:
If you are interested in and excited about this great Corporate Controller opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply. SWIM is presenting the profiles of shortlisted candidates directly to the hiring team for review. If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out to that individual directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit “Apply Now” to send us your resume. Thank you!