Highly successful billion-dollar multi-national company headquartered in Vancouver. Fantastic career opportunity for an ambitious and well-rounded accounting & finance leader. Friendly corporate culture, impressive executive leadership, well-rounded scope. Leading a team of 20+ people. Reporting directly into a well-respected and inspiring CFO. Long-term career growth. One of SWIM’s favourite clients!
Who- the Company:
Our Client is a very well-established and highly successful billion-dollar company with ~2000 employees, 10+ legal entities, and 30+ operating sites across Canada and the US. The Company has a stellar reputation among their happy customers and partners. Collaborative, innovative, and friendly corporate culture. Healthier work-life balance than is found in most companies of this size. Headquartered in Downtown Vancouver. Relocation may be considered for an excellent candidate.
What- the Role:
Don’t let the job title fool you, this is a very senior role. Please read on!
On behalf of our Client, SWIM is seeking a new Corporate Controller who will be based in the corporate headquarters in Vancouver. This role is considered one of the most senior non-executive positions in the entire company and the organization is a big believer in providing clear growth plans. The Corporate Controller will report into a well-respected and inspiring CFO.
The scope of this role is strategic, wide-ranging, and ever-evolving. The Corporate Controller will lead managers in the functional areas of accounting (financial reporting, financial projects, etc.), accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and tax. The new accounting leader will work in tandem with FP&A, treasury, and corporate development and will likely have the opportunity to cross-train in those functions in future.
Additionally, the Corporate Controller will take part in post-acquisition integration work as the company continues to growth organically and through M&A.
SWIM is happy to provide qualified candidates with a thorough job description. Suffice to say this role is meaty and interesting and will put the right individual on an exciting career path to achieve executive leadership level for a billion-dollar Corporation.
Who- the Candidate:
We are seeking a dynamic, strategic, and proactive accounting leader with excellent mentorship and coaching abilities. Leadership skills are the most crucial component of this role. The selected candidate will have a track record of success leading the accounting function of a large, complex, and multi-national business.
What- the Qualifications:
- 16+ years’ progressive experience within Accounting and Financial Reporting, including direct oversight of AP and/or AR and/or Payroll and/or Tax
- CPA designation required. Legacy CPA, CA designation preferred. Additional qualifications such as MBA will be viewed very favourably.
- Experience leading at least 6 direct reports, plus at least 6 indirect reports (i.e. leading managers). An eye for talent and bringing out the best in each individual
- Foundational training in a multi-national public practice accounting firm is beneficial but not required
- Exposure to M&A and corporate development is a significant asset, particularly post-acquisition integration
- Exposure to US business operations highly preferred
- Extensive experience collaborating with C-Suite Executives and Board Members.
- Experience working with ERP systems in complex technology environments- bonus points for SAP or Oracle!
- Proven process improvement and change management skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the business and build effective relationships with non-finance colleagues
- Demonstrated desire to deeply understand the relationship between the business operations and the accounting
Highly competitive base salary commensurate with level of experience and qualifications. Above-market compensation for Vancouver.
The Company will provide their new Corporate Controller with a solid overall compensation package, including a very generous profit-sharing/bonus program, an RSRP match, PD support, and excellent health, dental, & vision benefits. Please feel free to discuss further with SWIM.
The Company is headquartered in the heart of Downtown Vancouver in a beautiful corporate office. The Corporate Controller can choose to work primarily from office or can work from home 2 days a week.
We are seeking a leader who enjoys having a positive presence in the office and taking part in in-person collaboration, team meetings, onboarding and training of new staff, brainstorming discussions, social events, etc.
Relocation to Vancouver may be considered for an excellent candidate.
When & How to Apply:
Swim Recruiting will be presenting the profiles of short-listed candidates directly to the hiring CFO. If you already have a Recruiter at SWIM, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. We’re happy to provide more insight and intel than can be shared in this posting. Thank you!